“It takes a whole village to educate a child”
On our Britannia Village Primary School learning journey we aim to provide a creative, stimulating and happy environment where achievement, mutual respect and self-esteem are valued.
At each twist and turn we aim for our pupils to develop crucial skills, attitudes, talents, knowledge and understanding to assist their continuing growth in a changing world; drawing upon our staff, parents and the local community to guide our pupils towards and beyond the next step of their journey.
To achieve these aims we will:-
- Provide a broad, balanced, child-centred curriculum which is both accessible and appropriate to all our pupils.
- Provide opportunities for both independent development and collaborative learning.
- Demonstrate, expect and celebrate high standards in achievement, behaviour and care of environment.
- Be rigorous in pursuit of equality of opportunity.
- Make efficient use of time and all other resources.
- Share our planning, outcomes and concerns with parents and pupils
- Involve the school in the community and the community in the school.
- We aim to provide a personalised learning experience for our pupils in small classes and teaching groups.
- We aim to identify and nurture pupils' individual talents across the breadth of the curriculum.
- We aim to empower pupils to develop resilience, confidence and independence all through their learning journey.
- We aim to gain external recognition of our excellent provision through working towards national quality mark